Thank you for your interest in becoming an Oregon Military Museum volunteer! We look forward to exploring volunteer opportunities with you.
Volunteers at the Oregon Military Museum provide the Museum’s staff with much needed assistance. They provide many skills and services: from fundraising to public relations, organizing projects to administrative needs, facility maintenance to preservation and restoration of artifacts.
As we grow, we hope our volunteer corps will, too. Upcoming needs will include unpacking the library, tour guides, and gift shop personnel. Opportunities for volunteers are ever changing, so please select all areas of interest on the application form. We will do our best to place you where your skills and interests may best be suited. The minimum age to volunteer without a parent or guardian is 16.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Individual recognition for your time and contributions,
- Friendship with those who share a common interest and goal,
- Letter of reference,
- Museum orientation and tour,
- Specialized training, and
- Fulfillment in knowing you are preserving history.
What We Expect From You:
- Provide a regular commitment of time,
- Provide Museum staff with proper notification of absence or resignation,
- Follow Museum, Camp Withycombe, National Guard, and US Army policies;
- Uphold Museum standards and values,
- Make personal hygiene and appearance a top priority,
- Show respect to those around you and for Museum and National Guard property, and
- Enjoy yourself!
To apply to become a Museum volunteer, please print and fill out the Volunteer Application Form. Once complete, please mail to:
Oregon Military Museum, Camp Withycombe
15300 SE Minuteman Way
Clackamas, OR 97015