The Capital Campaign will raise the funds necessary to transform the Clackamas Armory and grounds into a regionally significant, state-of-the-art home for the Oregon Military Museum. This will dramatically increase the Museum’s ability to serve the people of Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, and beyond by providing the following:
- Artifacts will be preserved with the modernization of building systems – air conditioning, humidity control, fire sprinklers, and security.
- Exhibition space will quadruple.
- The number, diversity, and quality of exhibits will increase.
- Security improvements to exhibits will allow for expanded public hours to welcome a greater number of visitors.
- The Library and Archives will be located in one centralized location, becoming more accessible to researchers and visitors.
- Educational opportunities for people of all ages will be offered.
- The new weapons vault will display one of the largest firearms and artillery collections west of the Mississippi.
- The new park-like “Historic Area” surrounding the new Museum will feature the 1911 Battery A Field Artillery Horse Barn, the World War II quonset hut, and areas for educational outdoor exhibits.
- The Museum’s ability to serve the public well into the future will be ensured.